Hospitality - Bayfield Café
About Wonderstate Coffee
For us, coffee is a source of wonder. Since 2005, Wonderstate has roasted earnest and extraordinary coffees that honor relationships and champion our collective future. Our coffees, and our values-lead approach, have caught on. As the 2010 Roast Magazine Roaster of the Year and five-time Good-Food award winner, our mission continues to expand with three cafes and strong customer relationships in grocery stores, coffee shops, and offices around the Upper-Midwest and all over the country. Yet like the Driftless region we call home, we know you don’t have to be big to make an impact. From our industry-leading minimum price guarantee to farmers, to our 100% solar powered roastery, 5% Giving program, and embracing a healthy work-life balance for all staff, we’re working to do our part.
We're seeking collaborative, curious, and kind people to join us and to build our collective future, together.
The Hospitality team member is an ambassador for Wonderstate and holds the responsibility for providing our customers with a café experience that brings Wonderstate’s core values to life. Our team members at Wonderstate demonstrate our value of “Excellence. Always.” by serving high quality coffee and products, maintaining an impeccably clean workspace, and facilitating a hospitality experience that is second to none.
Hospitality team members will take orders from guests and input into the POS system. Handle cash efficiently and honestly. Provide knowledgeable and positive customer service to guests and assist baristas in production when necessary. Serve baked goods for purchase along with maintaining stocked merchandise.
Part-time hours available. Benefits are eligible to employees working 20 hours or more per week.
Benefits (working over 20 hours/week)
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Wellness & Commuter Reimbursements
- Free coffee to each employee
- Shift meals & drinks
- Wonderstate discount on food, beverages & merchandise
- Greet guests as they enter the cafe.
- Process sales transactions, handle cash quickly and accurately. Maintain accurate
- Fast, efficient, personable customer service.
- Knowledge of Wonderstate coffees, café drinks, and food products (including dietary restrictions).
- Brew and maintain batch coffee.
- Knowledge of merchandise (especially the brewing equipment).
- Stock disposables and set up bar area for service.
- Wash and keep dishes and glassware stocked.
- Setup dairy & sugar station.
- Stock silverware.
- Package bakery food items.
- Maintain cleanliness of bar space, dining area and merchandise area.
- Take out trash from bar & dining area.
- Clean and stock bathrooms.
- Restock disposables consistently.
- Setup and breakdown of outdoor patio space. Proper storage of patio furniture.
- Maintain proper food safety.
- Identify regulars.
- Exemplify the core values of Wonderstate Coffee.
- Ability to communicate clearly and promptly with coworkers and customers.
- Demonstrably strong multitasking skills.
- Clear, friendly communication.
- Desire to continually be challenged and grow as a professional.
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high-quality coffee and food, and supporting farmer cooperatives.
- Weekend hours required.