Grocery Account Representative
For us, coffee is a source of wonder. Since 2005, Wonderstate has roasted spectacular coffees that spark connections, inspire curiosity, and build integrity across communities.
Sometimes we feel like tiny specs in the great coffee cosmos. But, like the Driftless region we call home, we know you don’t have to be big to make an impact. From our industry-leading minimum price guarantee to farmers, to our 100% solar powered roastery, and 5% Giving program to our communities, we’re working to do our part to ensure our collective future.
The Grocery Account Representative is responsible for leading, building and maintaining strong customer relationships with their accounts in the Grocery channel. This position will collaborate with the Grocery Sales Manager to build customer sales plans that anchor to Wonderstate’s annual grocery sales plan, and will lead the development and implementation of the customer business plans with Wonderstate’s customers.
The ideal candidate will build sales by building relationships rooted in a sense of shared purpose. Wonderstate’s mission of delivering world class coffees that serve a collective future is 100% dependent -- financially and strategically -- on customer partnerships. Wonderstate’s team and customers should feel inspired and united by a sense of shared endeavor and mutual dependence (from farm to roaster to barista to buyer). With this reality in mind, the ideal candidate will operate from a place of gratitude for the essential work our customers perform and how their work/expertise is inextricably tied to our own.
- Maintain the face of the brand across all points of sale within grocery customers including managing facings; stocking; replenishment; displays; tags, signage and events
- Partner with Grocery Sales Manager on customer specific assortment, shelving, merchandising and promotion strategies; lead implementations to achieve targets
- Create timely monthly planograms and communicate those with internal and external key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Grocery Sales Manager to monitor and update customers’ overall business plan, tracking trade budgets, spending and volume, to improve effectiveness
- Provide store level insights to inform customer forecasts and ongoing business operations and strategic planning
- Maintain CRM platform for all customers’ touchpoints
- Execute in-store demos and events that will provide unique customer experiences and align with sales goals
- Participate in customer business reviews with Grocery Sales Manager
- Embody Wonderstate brand to customers and consumers at every point of contact
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Required Skills & Abilities
- Coffee experience preferred with interest in specialty coffee required
- 1-2 years of grocery experience and/or account management or category management experience preferred
- Honor relationships within the team, gives and receives feedback respectfully, expresses gratitude to others, and actively contributes to a positive team environment
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, data entry in CRM
- Strong analytical skills, attentive to details and experience analyzing data/information
- Must reside in Madison area and have access to reliable auto transportation
- Reports to: Grocery Sales Manager
- Location: Based in Madison, Wisconsin
- Coverage Area: Madison, Wisconsin
- Ability to travel to local customers 4-5 days per week with some weekend shifts
- Physical demands include frequent driving, ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Safe driving record
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Paid vacation + company holidays
- Retirement plan