Cook - Bayfield Café
About Wonderstate Coffee
For us, coffee is a source of wonder. Since 2005, Wonderstate has roasted earnest and extraordinary coffees that honor relationships and champion our collective future. Our coffees, and our values-lead approach, have caught on. As the 2010 Roast Magazine Roaster of the Year and five-time Good-Food award winner, our mission continues to expand with three cafes and strong customer relationships in grocery stores, coffee shops, and offices around the Upper-Midwest and all over the country. Yet like the Driftless region we call home, we know you don’t have to be big to make an impact. From our industry-leading minimum price guarantee to farmers, to our 100% solar powered roastery, 5% Giving program, and embracing a healthy work-life balance for all staff, we’re working to do our part.
We're seeking collaborative, curious, and kind people to join us and to build our collective future, together.
This position is responsible for creating high quality, delicious breakfast and lunch foods for our customers. Although working within a set menu, the cook will bring creativity to the team, working with fresh, local and organic ingredients.
Benefits (working over 20 hours/week)
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Wellness & Commuter Reimbursements
- Free coffee to each employee
- Shift meals & drinks
- Wonderstate discount on food, beverages & merchandise
- Receive and execute food orders
- Deliver food to customers via the kitchen’s service window
- Keep the kitchen organized, clean and functioning
- Recommend areas for improvement and efficiencies
- Simultaneously manage the food line, conduct food prep work and deliver lovely dishes
- Handle basic kitchen equipment, cooking-to-order and wielding a knife
- Honor relationships within the team gives and receive feedback respectfully, expresses gratitude to others, and actively contributes to a positive team environment
- Exemplify the core values of Wonderstate Coffee
- Other tasks as needed and assigned, sometimes beyond cooking duties
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Experience in a professional kitchen desired, but not required. What is required is a love for cooking, a lot of self-motivation and patience.
- Reliable, efficient and quick in the kitchen
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food and supporting farmer cooperatives
- Comfort with working independently and making judgment calls
- Excellent organization, multitasking ability and efficiency
- Good sense of humor a must
Hours, Wage & Location
- Onsite, Bayfield, WI
- Full-time/Part-time, weekends required
- Tipped position - starting wage is between $12-14/HR, based on experience. Estimated tips are on average between $4-5 on an hourly basis.
- $250 Sign-on bonus
Wonderstate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.