Cook Bayfield Cafe
The cook prepares delicious food consistently and efficiently, holding a central role in the success of the café’s business as it relates to the production of food. Cooks at Wonderstate demonstrate our value of “Excellence. Always.” by preparing high quality food and maintaining an impeccably clean workspace.
- Execute the food menu “on the line” at the cafe.
- Prioritize and execute (with prep cook) the to-do list for the day, and set up the following shift.
- Practice extreme cleanliness and adhere to food safety guidelines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all menu items and how to produce them.
- Maintain portions as specified by the kitchen lead.
- Track and communicate items that need to be ordered
- Ensure all dishes that leave the kitchen are of high quality
- Honor relationships within the team by giving and receiving feedback respectfully, expressing gratitude to others, and actively contributing to a positive team environment
- Exemplify the core values of Wonderstate Coffee.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Exemplary kitchen skills and desire to produce high quality food that customers love
- Communicates respectfully, clearly and promptly with team members and customers
- Ability to remain calm and personable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to bring joy to customers and team members, and engage with our community
- Impeccable follow through.
- Consistently arrives to work on time, dressed appropriately for kitchen work
- Desire to continually be challenged and grow as a professional.
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food, and supporting farmer cooperatives
- Previous kitchen experience preferred, but not required
- Schedule varies each week
- Weekend hours are required
- Participation in quarterly deep clean process at least once a year
- Participation in special events or catering on occasion
- Participation in monthly staff meetings required
- Physical demands include bending, sitting, lifting 50lbs, and standing for long hours
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Non-exempt, full- or part-time position
To apply, please send a resume to Bayfield@wonderstate.com with the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line
Wonderstate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.