Barista/Cashier/Bar Back at Milwaukee Cafe
Barista / Bar Back / Cashier
About Wonderstate Coffee
Since 2005, Wonderstate has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Our cafes provide the space for our friends and members of the community to engage and connect over the common interest of great food and drink. Wonderstate seeks team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited and uplifting work environment.
The Bar Back/Cashier/Barista at the Milwaukee cafe will be responsible for representing the values of our farmer relationships, sustainability and quality as well as maintaining our space and facilitating hospitality.
- Provide excellent customer service and stellar coffee drink preparation
- Have a desire to learn and advance your skills as a barista
- Ability to work the espresso machine and other brew equipment
- Work well within a team
- Cash management
- Be punctual and tidy
Requirements & Desired Skills
- Knows hospitality
- Ability to remain calm and personable in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule
- Passion for specialty coffee
- Desire to bring joy to others and engage with community
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 30 lbs.
- Previous barista experience encouraged, but not required
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food and for supporting farmer cooperatives
- Good sense of humor a must
Hours, Wage & Location
Full- and part-time positions available
Needs to be flexible on availability (mornings/afternoons weekdays/weekends)
Hourly wage plus tips
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with position title "MKE Barista" in the subject line.
Wonderstate Coffee is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.