About Wonderstate Coffee
Since 2005, Wonderstate Coffee has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Wonderstate Coffee seeks new team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
The Sales Representative is responsible for developing and executing the strategic sales plan for Wonderstate Coffee, including sales to food co-ops/groceries, cafes, foodservice, distributors and other sales channels. This position generates new sales leads, follows up with prospective customers and cultivates strong relationships with current customers. The Sales Representative is a member of the Sales & Customer Support Team and reports to the General Manager of Roastery & Services. The Sales Representative is a brand ambassador for Wonderstate Coffee and exemplifies the core values of Wonderstate when working with customers and team members.
The position is based in the Viroqua office. Extensive travel is required.
- Develop and maintain relationships based on service, quality and commitment to the customer.
- Contact customers on a regular basis about merchandising, new products, monthly promotional calendar, training offerings, and in-store demos and marketing events.
- Build sales with existing customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Review weekly sales data to provide attentive customer support.
- Partner with the Roastery and Services General Manager and the Customer Support team to develop and manage sales strategy, goals and plans.
- Develop systems to analyze product performance and inform strategies and offerings.
- Partner with the Customer Support Team to execute plans and achieve in-market goals.
- Update and maintain CRM for leads and current customers.
- Attend industry events and conduct regular travel to leads and existing customers.
- Identify opportunities, pursue leads, and onboard new customers.
- Give input into development of new products and effective in-store marketing materials.
- Working knowledge of supermarket retailers, grocery wholesalers, distributors and their processes desired.
- Proven sales record and ability to conduct extensive travel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Stellar communication and people skills a must.
- Ability to operate with the big picture in mind while still holding the details when necessary.
- Team player with strong ability to act independently and be empowered.
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food, and supporting farmer cooperatives
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in coffee and/or specialty food/beverage industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree
- Paid vacation + company holidays
- Retirement plan
- One bag of coffee every week
- Profit sharing
- Great co-workers and the opportunity to work for an organization that believes in creating joy, wonder and purpose at work
Wonderstate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the
position title "Sales Representative" in the subject line.