Prep Cook - Viroqua Café
The Prep Cook supports the Cook and Kitchen Lead in creating stellar food for Wonderstate Cafe customers. This position works closely with all staff to execute their responsibilities with speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Execute food preparation independently and efficiently.
- Coordinate with Kitchen Lead and Cook to form the prep to-do list.
- Assist cook on the line for plating as needed.
- Clean and organize shelves, sanitize and sweep as needed.
- Handle dishes if no dishwasher is scheduled.
- Practice extreme cleanliness and adhere to food safety guidelines.
- Understand all menu items and how to produce them.
- Track and communicate items that need to be ordered
- Honor relationships within the team by giving and receiving feedback respectfully, expressing gratitude to others, and actively contributing to a positive team environment
- Exemplify the core values of Wonderstate Coffee.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Communicate clearly and promptly with staff and customers.
- Ability to remain calm and personable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization and time management skills with a dedication to excellence
- Impeccable follow through.
- Exemplary kitchen skills.
- Desire to continually be challenged and grow as a professional.
- Ability to consistently show up on time, dressed appropriately for kitchen work.
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food, and supporting farmer cooperatives
- Previous prep cook or kitchen experience preferred, but not required
- Schedule varies each week
- Weekend hours are required
- Participation in quarterly deep clean process
- Participation in special events or catering on occasion
- Participation in monthly staff meetings required
- Physical demands include bending, sitting, lifting 50lbs, and standing for long hours
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cafe Coordinator, with secondary supervision from the Kitchen Lead
Non-exempt, full- or part-time position
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com with the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Wonderstate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.