Marketing Manager - Exempt, full-time position
Viroqua, WI or remote within driving distance of Viroqua.
About Wonderstate Coffee
Since 2005, Wonderstate Coffee has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Wonderstate Coffee seeks new team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join in our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
The Marketing Manager will play a central role in managing the creative content and strategy for Wonderstate Coffee. The Marketing Manager will exemplify our value of honoring relationships and commitment to excellence by collaborating with various departments to produce top notch content that resonates with our customers.
- Collaborate with leadership to create brand positioning and marketing strategies that align with and are an expression of Wonderstate's vision and core values
- Manage creative content, editorial strategy and execution for marketing materials, including but not limited to creative/media campaigns, coffee release materials, email newsletters, website assets, social media, product packaging and corporate responsibility programs
- Collaborate with the e-Commerce Fulfillment Coordinator and sales team to develop and execute strategic goals and campaigns for sustainable growth of the webstore & other e-Commerce partnerships
- Manage the Marketing Team, providing support and guidance through servant leadership
- Oversee the execution of brand and cross-branded events and sponsorships
- Manage all social media channels
- Measure the ROI and holistic impact of brand campaigns, synthesize analytic data and craft a strategic response
- Manage PR and communication efforts
- Manage the process to develop, curate and execute the merchandise plan
- Oversee the Marketing budget, reviewing expenditures, projecting costs, and managing marketing invoices
- Provide marketing support for Wonderstate cafes, including social media oversight, event and job promotion, ensuring an integrated brand identity across Wonderstate cafes
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position directly manages the Wonderstate Marketing team
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Stellar people skills a must; ability to build strong collaborative and inclusive relationships
- Exceptional communication, storytelling and writing skills
- Strong servant leadership and people management skills
- Ability to operate with the big picture in mind while still holding the details when necessary.
- Organization and time management skills
- Experience managing projects from start to finish
- Strong computer literacy; proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Illustrator or other design software preferred
- 3-5 years work experience in marketing; product marketing experience preferred
- Experience executing digital marketing strategies through social media
- Minimum 2 years experience in coffee and/or specialty food/beverage industry preferred.
- Previous people management experience required
- This position can work remotely if needed, some weekly on-site work is required
- Full time, exempt; Core schedule Monday – Friday with occasional weekends
- Some travel to industry events may be required
General Manager of Roastery & Services.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Free 12oz of coffee every week
- Great co-workers and ability to be a part of an organization that believes in joy, wonder and purpose at work
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position title "Marketing Manager" in the subject line.
Wonderstate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.