Dishwasher/Runner - Viroqua Café
About Wonderstate Coffee
Since 2005, Wonderstate Coffee has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Our Viroqua Café shares the same high standards and delivers inspired coffees and delicious foods featuring fresh, local and organic ingredients. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Wonderstate Coffee seeks team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
This position maintains and cleans all dishware, kitchen tools and equipment used in the café. This position works with the Kitchen Lead, Cooks, Bakers and Prep teams in creating a stellar experience for Wonderstate Café customers.
Benefits (working over 20 hours/week)
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Wellness & Commuter Reimbursements
- Free coffee to each employee
- Shift meals & drinks
- Wonderstate discount on food, beverages & merchandise
- Wash dishes quickly and carefully and stocks clean dishware in appropriate places
- Maintains a clean dishpit and operates the dishwashing machine correctly.
- Adheres to cleaning & sanitation standards in the café
- Busses dishware from dining room and bar
- Assists cooks and prep cooks with food preparation and plating as needed
- Delivers food to customers
- Assists Kitchen Lead with putting away the food order
- Honor relationships within the team by giving and receiving feedback respectfully, expressing gratitude to others, and actively contributing to a positive team environment
Requirements & Desired Skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and promptly with staff and customers
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Desire to continually be challenged and grow as a professional
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food and supporting farmer cooperatives
- Excellent organization, multitasking ability and efficiency
- Good sense of humor a must
Hours, Wage & Location
- Onsite, Viroqua, WI
- Full-time/Part-time, weekends required
- Tipped position - starting wage is between $9.50-11.50/HR, based on experience. Estimated tips are on average between $5-6 on an hourly basis.
- $250 Sign-on bonus
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title "Dishwasher" in the subject line.
Wonderstate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.