Cook - Madison Cafe
About Wonderstate Coffee
Since 2005, Wonderstate Coffee has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Our Madison Café shares the same high standards and delivers inspired coffees and delicious foods featuring fresh, local and organic ingredients. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Wonderstate Coffee seeks team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
This position is responsible for creating high quality, delicious breakfast and lunch foods for our customers. Although working within a set menu, the cook will bring creativity to the team, working with fresh, local and organic ingredients.
- Receive and execute food orders
- Deliver food to customers via the kitchen’s service window
- Keep the kitchen organized, clean and functioning
- Recommend areas for improvement and efficiencies
- Simultaneously manage the food line, conduct food prep work and deliver lovely dishes
- Handle basic kitchen equipment, cooking-to-order and wielding a knife
- Honor relationships within the team gives and receive feedback respectfully, expresses gratitude to others, and actively contributes to a positive team environment
- Exemplify the core values of Wonderstate Coffee
- Other tasks as needed and assigned, sometimes beyond cooking duties
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Experience in a professional kitchen desired, but not required. What is required is a love for cooking, a lot of self-motivation and patience.
- Reliable, efficient and quick in the kitchen
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food and supporting farmer cooperatives
- Comfort with working independently and making judgment calls
- Excellent organization, multitasking ability and efficiency
- Good sense of humor a must
Hours, Wage & Location
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position title "Cook" in the subject line.