About Wonderstate Coffee
Since 2005, Wonderstate Coffee has worked directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability, and farmer compensation. Wonderstate Roastery is 100% solar powered, and roasts coffee to order to ensure freshness. Our cafés share the same high standards and deliver inspired coffees and delicious foods featuring fresh, local, and organic ingredients. Wonderstate Coffee seeks team members who share our mission and values and are eager to join our café.
The Barista/Hospitality team member is an ambassador for Wonderstate and holds the responsibility for providing our customers with a café experience that brings Wonderstate’s core values to life. Our team members at Wonderstate demonstrate our value of “Excellence. Always.” by preparing and serving high quality coffee and products, maintaining an impeccably clean workspace, and facilitating a hospitality experience that is second to none.
Flexible full-time or part-time hours available. Benefits are eligible to employees working 20 hours or more per week.
Benefits (working over 20 hours/week)
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Wellness & Commuter Reimbursements
- Free coffee to each employee
- Shift meals & drinks
- Wonderstate discount on food, beverages & merchandise
- Prepare stellar coffee drinks that convey Wonderstate’s dedication to Excellence. Always.
- Provide every customer with a positive experience centered in joy and wonder
- Honor relationships within the team by giving and receiving feedback respectfully, expressing gratitude to others, and actively contributing to a positive team environment
- Operate the espresso machine and other brew equipment with care
- Handle cash and operates the cash register
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and advance skills as a barista and as a team member
- Maintain an impeccably clean workspace
- Consistently arrive to work on time, dressed appropriately for work
- Participation in special events or catering on occasion
- Participation in monthly staff meetings
- Exemplify the core values of Wonderstate Coffee
Required Skills & Abilities
- Outgoing customer service enthusiast
- Previous barista/hospitality experience preferred, but not required
- Communicates respectfully, clearly and promptly with team members and customers
- Ability to remain calm and personable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to bring joy to customers and team members, and engage with our community
- Strong organization and time management skills with a dedication to excellence
- Desire to continually be challenged and grow as a professional
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, specialty coffee and food, and for supporting farmer cooperatives
- Physical demands include lifting 30lbs and standing for long hours
Hours, Wage & Location
- Onsite, Viroqua, WI
- Full-time/Part-time, weekends required
- Tipped position - starting wage is between $11-13/HR, based on experience. Estimated tips are on average between $5-6 on an hourly basis.
- $250 Sign-on bonus
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Barista" in the subject line.
Wonderstate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.