Barista - Bayfield Café
About Wonderstate Coffee
For us, coffee is a source of wonder. Since 2005, Wonderstate has roasted earnest and extraordinary coffees that honor relationships and champion our collective future. Our coffees, and our values-lead approach, have caught on. As the 2010 Roast Magazine Roaster of the Year and five-time Good-Food award winner, our mission continues to expand with three cafes and strong customer relationships in grocery stores, coffee shops, and offices around the Upper-Midwest and all over the country. Yet like the Driftless region we call home, we know you don’t have to be big to make an impact. From our industry-leading minimum price guarantee to farmers, to our 100% solar powered roastery, 5% Giving program, and embracing a healthy work-life balance for all staff, we’re working to do our part.
We're seeking collaborative, curious, and kind people to join us and to build our collective future, together.
The Barista/Hospitality team member is an ambassador for Wonderstate and holds the responsibility for providing our customers with a café experience that brings Wonderstate’s core values to life. Our team members at Wonderstate demonstrate our value of “Excellence. Always.” by preparing and serving high quality coffee and products, maintaining an impeccably clean workspace, and facilitating a hospitality experience that is second to none.
Flexible full-time or part-time hours available. Benefits are eligible to employees working 20 hours or more per week.
Benefits (working over 20 hours/week)
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Wellness & Commuter Reimbursements
- Free coffee to each employee
- Shift meals & drinks
- Wonderstate discount on food, beverages & merchandise
- Prepare stellar coffee drinks that convey Wonderstate’s dedication to Excellence. Always.
- Provide every customer with a positive experience centered in joy and wonder
- Honor relationships within the team by giving and receiving feedback respectfully, expressing gratitude to others, and actively contributing to a positive team environment
- Operate the espresso machine and other brew equipment with care
- Handle cash and operates the cash register
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and advance skills as a barista and as a team member
- Maintain an impeccably clean workspace
- Participation in special events or catering on occasion
- Participation in monthly staff meetings required
- Consistently arrive to work on time, dressed appropriately for work
- Exemplify the core values of Wonderstate Coffee
Required Skills & Abilities
- Outgoing customer service enthusiast
- Previous barista/hospitality experience preferred, but not required
- Communicates respectfully, clearly and promptly with team members and customers
- Ability to remain calm and personable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to bring joy to customers and team members, and engage with our community
- Strong organization and time management skills with a dedication to excellence
- Physical demands include lifting 30lbs and standing for long hours
- Desire to continually be challenged and grow as a professional
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, specialty coffee and food, and for supporting farmer cooperatives
- Onsite, Bayfield, WI
- Full-time/Part-time, weekends required
- Tipped position - starting wage is $12.00 per hour, based on experience. Estimated tips are on average between $4-5 on an hourly basis.
- $250 Sign-on bonus