Barista at Bayfield Cafe
The Barista is an ambassador for Wonderstate and holds the responsibility for providing our customers with a cafe experience that brings Wonderstate’s core values to life. Baristas at Wonderstate demonstrate our value of “Excellence. Always.” by preparing and serving high quality coffee and products, maintaining an impeccably clean workspace, and facilitating a hospitality experience that is second to none.
- Prepare stellar coffee drinks that convey Wonderstate’s dedication to Excellence. Always.
- Provide every customer with a positive experience centered in joy and wonder
- Honor relationships within the team by giving and receiving feedback respectfully, expressing gratitude to others, and actively contributing to a positive team environment
- Operate the espresso machine and other brew equipment with care
- Handle cash and operates the cash register
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and advance skills as a barista and as a team member
- Maintain an impeccably clean workspace
- Consistently arrive to work on time, dressed appropriately for work
- Exemplify the core values of Wonderstate Coffee
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Requirements & Desired Skills
- Outgoing customer service enthusiast
- Communicates respectfully, clearly and promptly with team members and customers
- Ability to remain calm and personable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to bring joy to customers and team members, and engage with our community
- Strong organization and time management skills with a dedication to excellence
- Desire to continually be challenged and grow as a professional
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, specialty coffee and food, and for supporting farmer cooperatives
- Previous barista experience preferred, but not required
- Schedule varies each week
- Weekend hours are required
- Participation in special events or catering on occasion
- Participation in monthly staff meetings required
- Physical demands include lifting 30lbs and standing for long hours
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cafe Coordinator, with secondary supervision from the FOH Lead
Non-exempt, full- or part-time position
To apply, please send a resume to Bayfield@wonderstate.com with the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line
Wonderstate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.