About Wonderstate Coffee
Since 2005, Wonderstate Coffee has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Our Madison Café shares the same high standards and delivers inspired coffees and delicious foods featuring fresh, local and organic ingredients. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Wonderstate Coffee seeks team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
This position plays a central role in the success of the café's kitchen team, holding the responsibility for the quality production of food at the café. Bakers at Wonderstate Coffee demonstrate or value of "Excellence. Always." by preparing high quality food and maintaining an impeccably clean workspace. The baker works closely with the Lead Baker and Chef De Cuisine to achieve the cafe's goals.
- Produce stellar baked goods for both the food menu and the bakery case, working independently
- Prioritize and execute baking independently, upholding the stated expectations for the café, including quantities, recipes and storage
- Keep the kitchen organized, clean and functioning
- Follow Food Safe Serve and state sanitation guidelines
- Set up and break down the kitchen
- Honor relationships within the team gives and receive feedback respectfully, expresses gratitude to others, and actively contributes to a positive team environment
- Exemplify the core values of Wonderstate Coffee
- Recommend areas for improvement and efficiencies
- Other tasks as needed and assigned, sometimes beyond cooking duties
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Experience baking desired, but not required. What is required is a love for baking, a lot of self-motivation and patience.
- Reliable, efficient and quick in the kitchen
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food and supporting farmer cooperatives
- Comfort with working independently and making judgment calls
- Excellent organization, multitasking ability and efficiency
- Good sense of humor a must
Hours, Wage & Location
Full-time/Part-time, weekends required
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with
position title "Baker" in the subject line.
Wonderstate Coffee is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.