Administrative Assistant - Non-exempt, full-time position
About Wonderstate Coffee
Since 2005, Wonderstate Coffee has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Wonderstate Coffee seeks new team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join in our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
The Administrative Assistant plays an essential role in supporting the daily operations at the Roastery by providing critical customer and administrative support. This role provides key operations support through answering phones, welcoming visitors, invoicing, inventory management and data/product management. By demonstrating a commitment to being detail orientated and being highly communicative, this role will exemplify our core value of "Excellence. Always."
- Handle incoming calls and other communications, such as monitoring social media accounts
- Greet customers and visitors who come to the roastery
- Create invoices for customer orders
- Update and maintain customer and product information
- Maintain inventory of merchandise and supplies for roastery and office
- Organize and maintain office and production common areas
- Run weekly reports and share with staff
- Manage company google calendar and drive
- Facilitate company wide communication of events, reports, updates, etc
- Logistical planning, coordination, and hosting of roastery events such as customer visits and staff parties
- Perform general office clerk duties and run errands as needed
- Basic website maintenance
- Assist with production and web fulfillment as needed
- Honor relationships within the team, give and receive feedback respectfully, express gratitude to others, and actively contribute to a positive team environment
- Exemplify Wonderstate’s core values
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Highly proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Extreme attention to detail
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly demeanor and ability to provide kind and attentive customer service
- Gives and receives feedback respectfully and in a way that honors relationships
- Ability to bring joy to team members, and engage with our community
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food, and supporting farmer cooperative
- Occasional weekend hours may be required
- Occasional remote work may be an option based on individual performance and business needs
Director of Operations
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Free 12oz of coffee every week
- Great co-workers and ability to be a part of an organization that believes in joy, wonder and purpose at work
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position title "Administrative Assistant" in the subject line.
Wonderstate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.